Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thanksgiving Menu

I haven't done an all out Thanksgiving meal in a couple of years. Before grad school, I would usually throw an early Thanksgiving party for friends in DC with all of the traditional fixings and then head back NC for a helping of my mom's awesome Vietnamese food. Since grad school started, I haven't had nearly as much time to cook grand meals. These days, it's doctored ramen noodles, take out, and if I'm feeling ambitious, something really simple and by default Vietnamese.

This Thanksgiving, my husband and I will be celebrating in DC with my in-laws coming in on Thursday and some friends who are in town. This is the menu that I have planned for the day:

Lentil and ham soup with kale
Green bean salad with feta
Roasted brussel sprouts with Asian vinaigrette
Butterflied roast turkey
Mushroom, leek and parmesan stuffing
Cranberry and pineapple relish
Buttermilk mashed potatoes
Roasted root vegetables
Pumpkin bread
Pumpkin pie

Here are the items my roommates will cook:

Bread
Avocado eggrolls

And our guests have volunteered to bring:

Vegetarian dressing
Candied sweet potatoes
Greens
Chocolate pecan pie
Assorted Bengali appetizers

Will hopefully post pictures and recipes soon.

No comments: